– Every 15 seconds someone dies from water related issues. (Charity Water)
– Right now, almost one billion people on the planet don’t have access to safe, clean drinking water. That’s one in eight people. (Charity Water)
– Of the 42,000 deaths that occur every week from unsafe water and a lack of basic sanitation, 90% are children under 5 years old.
Prayer- Pray that God would put it on more people’s hearts to give money for wells or to drill more wells in places that need it. Pray for wisdom for organizations like Charity Water and Blood Water Mission as they look to bring safe drinking water to those places that have none.
1. ACTION- How many bottles of filtered water are in your house right now? For each bottle give $1 to “CharityWater.” You could also donate your October birthday to raise money for wells.
ACTION 2- Go without using water for the day. Don’t use if for drinking, flushing the toilet, taking your pills, washing your face, showering etc. See what a day without water feels like.
2. READING- Blood Water, online reading.
3. MEDIA- Spend some time on the Charity Water web site.
At any point during the day please stop by the Steps Of Justice Facebook page and post what God has been doing during this 30 day’s of Prayer and Action for Justice