On October 4th, Hurricane Matthew swept over the south of Haiti taking more than 800 lives and leaving thousands without food, water, and shelter. Paul says in Galatians, that if we have an opportunity, do good to everyone, especially those in the family of Christ (Gal 6:10). We, as Steps of Justice, see natural disasters as an opportunity to be Jesus to those in desperate need of Him. With the need being so great and the workers being so few, we felt the need to respond and bring some aid to the south of Haiti.
At the end of October, this month, Steps of Justice will be taking a team to help distribute clean water technology and help with the clean-up of Hurricane Matthew. We realize that this is very short notice, but there is a disaster situation, and relief needs to happen now. Our team will be made up of Haitians and foregners. During this time, don’t trust your wallets or bank accounts, but trust the Holy Spirit and if you feel like you are supposed to be apart of this team take the step to make it happen.
Here’s what you need to know if you feel to join the team or even partner with us financially:
Date of trip: Oct. 28th – Nov. 7, 2016 ( you need to fly in to Port Au Prince between 8am and 12pm on the 28th).
- Cost: $700 not including airfare.
- Team Size- We are capping the team at 15 people. We have nine already, so we only have room for six more. Let us know ASAP if you are wanting to come.
- Type of work: Water filter distribution (we are raising money for 1000 water filters), property clean up, house rebuilding, Bible SD card distribution and basic wound care. This is not going to be an easy trip, it is a disaster situation.
- Expectations: Come willing and ready to serve. This will be a “go with the flow” trip.
- To bring: Tent, work clothes, mosquito net and spray, sleeping bag/sheet, water bottle, sun screen, phone, camera.
If you’re interested in joining us, please contact Regan Watkins at email@example.com
Photo by CNN post.