We invite you to come to San Diego and serve with us on our five day Justice trips. San Diego is home to beautiful beaches, trendy cafes, amazing weather and a very growing homeless population. Because of the stable/moderate climate many homeless are drawn to the area, which provides lots of opportunities to serve.
San Diego is also home to a large percentage of refugee families, specifically from the Middle East, SE Asia and French speaking Africa. We have an amazing opportunity to serve these families coming into the city. In Matthew Jesus says “when you welcomed the stranger you welcomed me (paraphrase). Come to San Diego and welcome the stranger with us.
Here are some activities we will be doing on your trip:
- A prayer race around the city, praying for areas of need in education, government, family, entertainment and the Church.
- A refugee simulation experience, seeing what process a refugee has to go through to enter into the USA. This helps us empathize with their story.
- A dinner at the home of a refugee families. These families are our dear friends, so you will have great food and hear their story.
- Volunteering at local food banks, feeding the homeless.
- Times of worship, prayer and debrief.
- Lots of good Mexican food will be consumed as well.
Here is some more info:
- How long is the trip? The San Diego mission trips are five days long.
- How much will it cost? The cost is $425 per participant for a 5 day trip (not including housing or transportation). We can help you make arrangements for these.
- We can recommend housing (Hotel or a Church) in San Diego
- Contact Phil Cunningham with Steps of Justice:
- PO Box 390184 San Diego, CA 92149
- or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These trips are for groups and we run them all year round. Please contact us if you are a school, church, work group or community of friends to set up dates. As staff, we are engaging in the city regularly, so please come and join us in that. (Group sizes should be no lower than 5 people and no greater than 20).