This past summer, 2016 we ran our Matthew 25 outreach to Cambodia. We have been running these trips for the past 6 years, serving the poor, caring for those who are sick and feeding the hungry. We want to live like those who Jesus refers to as ‘the sheep.’ Those who served the poor and oppressed of the world. This summer we are going to look at the actions in Matthew 25 and engage with them.
In 2016 we saw 35 people head over to Cambodia on 2 different trips. It was an amazing time as God broke our hearts for the things that break His. As a result of these trips, the team members respond to a need, stepped out in obedience and meet that need in Jesus name. It is exciting to see these trips grow and gain momentum. Now as we look ahead to the fall and to 2017 we can’t wait to go Cambodia with you.
The Steps Of Justice trips are not just your normal outreach trips, they are a combination of Justice awareness, education on justice issues both locally and internationally and lots of opportunities to work with those who are the victims of injustice. Some of the things that you will be doing during your time in Cambodia to walk out the call from Matthew 25 are:
- Building a house for a family in need, this will be a house building trip.
- Spending time in the slums with the poor putting on children’s programs and running clinics on sanitation and hand washing.
- Participating in rice distribution, prayer walks, and a house build.
- Hearing from organizations on the ground that work with the poor and oppressed of Cambodia.
- Working along side our dear friends with the Children at Risk Ministry.
- Visiting the prisoner, not necessarily those in a typical prison, but those in other prisons of slavery and oppression.
- We will also have some of our meals at restaurants that operate as NGO‘s to employ former street children and victims of human trafficking in order to help restore their lives.
- We will be doing our shopping at places where all the material and goods are made by former sex slaves, the handicapped and trafficked victims. All the proceeds from your purchases goes back into the programs that restore these individuals lives.
To hear a testimony from one of our 2016 participants click the video below.
Some information about the trip include:
Cost– $895 per person (airfare not included) ***This includes all credit card fees if paying online.
Please email us for information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 12- June 22, 2017 (house building trip).
- June 26- July 6, 2017 (house building trip).
July 10- July 20, 2017(not available at this time).
Location– Phnom Penh, Cambodia
**cost includes all ground fees, entry visa, food, transportation, translator, city tour and housing.
Contact info– Get in touch with us here or phone at 206-550-2594
Please check out the Cambodia Outreach manual for more info and to see pics from our 2015 trips on Tagboard using the hash tag #SOJCAMBODIA2016
To pay your Cambodia outreach fees you can do the following: Click on the Donate button below:
**A $100 non refundable application fee is due to reserve your spot. All application fees are non-refundable
***A $200 non refundable deposit 3 months prior to departure date.
****Remainder of fees are due 6 weeks before departure date, after the six weeks if you do not attend the outreach only 50% of the remaining fees are refundable.
***If paying via the web site please add $20 to cover credit card fees”
Or, you can send a check to Steps of Justice:
755 Bajo Court- Chula Vista, CA- 91910
Please write Steps of Justice on Check.
*Photo by Lindsey Brunsman
Here are a few video’s of our 2013 Steps of Justice trip.