2013 Cambodia Trips
In August 2011 a group of 22 of us came back from a 10 day Steps of Justice trip to Cambodia. It was an amazing time where we saw God break our hearts for the things that break His. As a result we saw each other respond to a need, step out in obedience and meet that need in Jesus name. This past summer, 2012, we ran two trips to Cambodia, one in June and one in August. It is exciting to see these trips grow and gain momentum. Now in 2013 we can’t wait to go back with you.
This will be the 7th year of us taking teams to Cambodia. We see God opening more doors and giving us new opportunities each time we go. We are super excited about 2013 because of the outreach opportunities.
The Steps Of Justice trips are not just your normal outreach trips, they are a combination of Justice awareness, education on justice issues both locally and internationally and lots of opportunities to work with those who are the victims of injustice. Some of the things that you will be doing on your outreach are the following:
- hanging out at the Happy Tree orphanage that brings in children with HIV/AIDS
- spending time in the slums with the poor putting on children’s programs, running clinics on sanitation and hand washing and doing hair washing for the kids in the villages
- hearing from organizations on the ground.
- Working along side our dear friends with the Rock Foundation, providing solar lights and homes from those who were illegally and forcefully evicted from their homes.
- We will also be having meals at restaurants that are geared to employ former street children and victims of human trafficking in order to help them restore their lives.
- We will be doing our shopping at places where all the material and goods are made by former sex slaves, the handicapped and trafficked victims. All the proceeds from your purchases goes back into the programs that restore these individuals lives.
Some information about the trip include:
Cost- $795 per person (airfare not included) ***If paying via the web site please add $20 to cover credit card fees
Dates- June 24- July 3 and August 12- 21
Location- Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact info- Contact Phil Cunningham at email@example.com
**cost includes all ground fees, entry visa, food, transportation, translator, city tour and housing.
Please check out the Cambodia outreach manual for more info and to see pics from our 2012 trips check out Instagram page.
To pay your Cambodia outreach fees you can do the following:
Go to the Steps of Justice site here and give online. In the subject please put “for the Steps Of Justice Cambodia trip. ***If paying via the web site please add $20 to cover credit card fees”
Or, you can send a check to Steps of Justice:
2106 N. 88 Seattle, WA 98103
Please write Steps of Justice on Check.
**A $75 non refundable application fee is due upon applying. All application fees are non-refundable
***A $200 non refundable deposit 3 months prior to departure date.
****Remainder of fees are due 6 weeks before departure date, after the six weeks if you do not attend the outreach only 50% of the remaining fees are refundable.