What is Steps of Justice?
Steps of Justice is a non profit 501-c3 organization that was started on March 16, 2011 by a group of friends who care deeply about Gods call on our lives to ‘do justice’ as written in Micah 6:8. We started Steps of Justice in obedience to what God was calling us to in regards to engaging with injustice issues. We were frustrated that when we heard about poverty (3 billion living on less than $2 a day), water (800 million living without clean water), and slavery (27 million slaves in the world today) all we knew what to do was to feel bad and feel good about ourselves that we felt bad. We knew that God was calling His people to more than that, so we started Steps.
Our Vision simply is to partner with local churches, communities and activists to bring awareness, education and practical steps that help us engage in serving the poor and oppressed of the world. Simply put, we want to help everyone in the world respond to Gods call to ‘do justice.’
Simple steps is what it’s all about. Here are a few that you can do to get more involved.
- Pray- Pray that God gives you His hear for areas of injustice.
- Educate- Educate yourself on injustice issues through this site and the Prayer Guide, then educate others.
- Encourage- Encourage others to get involved in areas of injustice, they can start with the Prayer guide.
- Support- You can support Steps of Justice, or any other organization/ministry working to do justice.
- Rescue- Rescue the oppressed. You can do this by volunteering at a homeless shelter in your town, or supporting local and international rescue missions.
- Restore- Help restore people to wholeness through coming on a trip with us, or supporting a restoration ministry.